Friday, January 27, 2006

Making A Movie

I've worked in the film industry for several years now working as a producer, production manager, and assistant director. I've learned a lot as I've worked with different people, and I got to the point where I wanted to direct my own movie. The challenge in doing this was working with a limited budget and keeping things under control while trying to make an exciting and entertaining movie that people would actually enjoy. I didn't want to produce a movie that I'd only show to my friends and family, but a movie that could still go out and have an audience, whether it be on TV, DVD, or even an international audience. The process was a busy one and will take more than a few minutes to explain (especially as it's still going on), so over the next little while I'll try to explain what I've done and how it was accomplished. I hope readers enjoy. I'm new to this blogging process, so please be forgiving.